Health, Wellbeing & Rehabilitation
Our Health, Wellbeing and Rehabilitation service includes a range of services to patients and carers in our community:
- Day Services Groups – offering a variety of groups for patients and carers Monday – Saturday
- Complementary Therapy – offering individual treatments to patients, carers and clients accessing family support for bereavement counselling
- Psychological Support – offering individual appointments to patients who are experiencing physical, emotional and social problems associated with the diagnosis of a life limiting illness.
- Drop in clinic – offering appointments to patients and carers who are unsure how the Hospice can support them and who wish to find out more about the services
- Rehabilitation – offering group activities and individual appointments (including home visits) for patients who require the expertise of our Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Assistant Practitioner
How can I access Health, Wellbeing and Rehabilitation services?
Referrals are accepted from patients, relatives, carers and healthcare professionals. It is important that the patient consents to the referral before it is completed and we may need to contact relevant healthcare professionals to obtain more clinical information. You may complete the referral form and email the completed form to: [email protected]
If you wish to discuss a referral or are unable to complete a referral form, please phone 01282 440110 between 9am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday
We do accept referrals through the post but this will add delays to us receiving it and being able to offer services
What happens next?
When a referral has been received, it will be discussed by the multi-disciplinary team to identify which service is most appropriate to meet the needs of the patient. A member of the team will contact the patient and/or carer to discuss the referral further and arrange the next steps.
This may include:
- Individual or group support
- Symptom management
- Self management guidance
- Rehabilitation and/or exercise
- Creative therapies
We will review your plan of care periodically, at which point you may be discharged or a new plan of care agreed.