Terms & Conditions - Lottery
PENDLESIDE HOSPICE LOTTERY
Terms and Conditions
- All profits from Pendleside Hospice Lottery go directly towards funding the hospice service which helps and supports patients and their families and carers at no cost.
- Players must be 16 years old or over.
- New members will be sent a welcome letter advising them of their unique personal membership number.
- Payments can be made by either standing order, cheque or cash.
- There is a limit of 10 entries per week or £100 in single tickets in bumper draws and a player cannot exceed this limit without the approval of the Lottery Manager.
- All subscriptions received at a minimum of £1 per week payable in advance will be entered into the weekly draw using the unique membership number. The draw will normally take place each Friday. Each of the weekly prizes are selected at random by our secure computer software.
- Prize winners are notified by post within 1 week of the draw taking place which will include the relevant cheque. Weekly winning numbers are published in the local press and on our website www.pendleside.org.uk
- We promise to comply with all Data Protection Act requirements and protect your personal data.
- Pendleside Hospice Lottery cannot accept liability for the loss or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email of fax, nor for any delays in the banking system.
- Membership cancellation can be carried out at any time although those received after 1200 hours on a Thursday may not be actioned until after the weekly draw. To cancel please contact the office on 01282 440129 or email us on [email protected]
- Where members cancel, we will refund to them the amount they are in credit at the time of cancellation (subject to the ‘receiving before 1200 hours Thursday’ condition). This will be sent to the named member by cheque within 7 working days.
- We reserve the right not to accept an application, or to cancel an existing subscription without giving reason and at our absolute discretion.
- It is the responsibility of the member to advise us of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
The Gambling Act 2005
- As it is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to participate in a lottery, Pendleside Hospice Lottery now has a statutory duty to verify that members are 16 years old. By becoming a member you agree to us carrying out any checks that are deemed appropriate to verify this requirement, including if necessary seeking confirmation from relevant agencies that can provide such information. Should a prize winner be found to be under the age of 16 we will refund their money and withhold the prize.
- Pendleside Hospice Lottery will accept any requests for self-exclusion. A no mailer tick box will be ticked on the lottery software to prevent any marketing material being sent to anyone who has self-excluded themselves. Customers wishing to self-exclude will not be able to rejoin the lottery for a minimum of 6 months after which a review will take place. A log will be kept of any known breaches of self-exclusion and any individuals wishing to return to gambling. A register will also be kept of all self-excluded members. Anyone making a request to rejoin the lottery after a minimum of 6 months self-exclusion must do so via telephone or in person; re-registering online is not sufficient, and they must be given one day to cool off before being allowed to gamble again.
- Any customer known to be or suspected of using the proceeds of crime to gamble will be reported to the National Crime Agency (NCA) under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and dealt with in accordance with our policy.
- All complaints or disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Lottery Office. In the event that a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved then it will be referred to an arbitration body which as we are a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association will be The Independent Arbitration Service Ltd (IBAS) www.ibas-uk.com Telephone 020 7347 5883.
- Pendleside Hospice Lottery is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association www.hospicelotteries.org.uk and the Lotteries Council www.lotteriescouncil.org.uk Both organisations make a financial contribution on behalf of their members to the Responsible Gambling Trust www.responsiblegamblingtrust.org.uk which raises funds through voluntary donations to support research, education and treatment of problem gambling. The Hospice Lotteries Association website has a page dedicated to the Responsible Gambling Trust and also GambleAware www.gambleaware.co.uk the leading provider of information, advice, support and free counselling for the prevention and treatment of problem gambling.
Registered Charity No. 700993
A Company Limited by Guarantee No. 2280991
Operating Licence No. 000-005174-N-100431-007
Remote Operating Licence No. 000-005174-R-310547-002
Promoter: Pendleside Hospice
Manager: Helen McVey
Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk