Photo credit: Andy Ford
This year the Corporate Challenge saw 28 local businesses go head-to-head to battle it out to raise the most money for the Hospice from 1st June to 30th September.
Each participating company was given £50 donated by sponsor Charter Walk Shopping Centre in Burnley to start them on their way.
Among the winners from the event were Barrowford-based acdc who took home the overall Corporate Challenge Champion Award, and Burnley and Pendle Slimming World which raised the most cash with £26,311, nearly double their previous winning total from last year.
While Pendle Engineering who scooped the Laugh Out Loud Award for their unique fundraising idea of selling kisses with Bernie the St Bernard dog, and the Innovation Award for their Hole in Onesie day, a golf day with a twist.
Helen McVey CEO of Pendleside Hospice said: “The support we receive from the Corporate Challenge is vital to helping us deliver our services. We’re really grateful to have had a number of prominent local businesses taking part in the challenge and getting so much commitment from all their members of staff.
“As well raising much-needed funds for the Hospice, the Corporate Challenge has numerous benefits for the businesses taking part including team-building, networking, publicity and helping meet the companies’ corporate and social responsibilities.”
The evening, which was hosted by 2BR’s Managing Director Simon Brierley, featured a drinks reception followed by two-course meal, music by Josh Hindle, a raffle and auction.
Gareth Frankland, CEO of acdc who won the Team Spirt and overall Corporate Challenge Champion Award said: “Taking part in the Corporate Challenge has been an unbelievable experience. It’s not only a great feeling to have raised funds for such a worthy cause but it has also helped to bring us together as a team, with every single employee taking part in one way or another.
“The legacy from the awards for us will be how it helped to push us out of our comfort zone and create life-long memories, particularly our team sky dive.”
2017 Corporate Challenge Award Winners
- The Rising Star Award, Matt Smith from Veka
- Innovation Award, Pendle Engineering
- Best Event Award, Colne Tyre Centre
- #PendlesideCorp Award, West Craven Insurance Services
- Best Female Performer Award, Janet Barnes from Burnley and Pendle Slimming World
- Judges Special Award for Exceptional Fundraising Efforts, Kaila Kirwan
- Best Male Performance Award, Neil Welsh from PM+M
- Fundraiser of the Year Award, Ellie Stockwell from Handelsbanken
- Team Spirit Award, acdc
- Best Newcomer Award, Veka
- Most Raised Overall Award, Burnley and Pendle Slimming World
- Corporate Challenge Champion Award, acdc