Little Alfie Hale will be a special visitor at Pendleside’s Santa Grotto at Pendle Heritage Centre because he has shown an amazing amount of Christmas spirit already!
Alfie, nine, who attends Padiham Green School, rallied round when he was told that his dad Gordon had been diagnosed with cancer recently.
He decided immediately to raise some money for charity and because his dad was about to use their services he chose Pendleside and now he will be one of the proudest visitors when he visits the hospice’s grotto at Pendle Heritage Centre, Barrowford, on December 8.
Alfie recruited his dad and mum Jane to help him make chocolate reindeer cones and Christmas baubles which he sold through his Facebook page earning £200 for Pendleside.
Gordon, 64, a cleaner at Burnley Campus, who used to play bowls for Padiham Bowling B team, said: “It was all Alfie’s idea and when someone requested it he even made some Christmas dog biscuits!
“Pendleside have been great with me so far and I have just started chemo so I know they are there to help me which is very reassuring.
“When Alfie, who suffers from autism, learned I was ill he immediately decided to raise money for the hospice..”
Gordon, a big Clarets fan whose favourite all-time player is Ray Pointer, said: “Already the hospice gave us tickets for the family to go and watch Burnley’s match against Crystal Palace which was fantastic.
“Both me and his mum are so proud of Alfie and his school think what he has done is wonderful too.”
Breakfast with Santa
- Sunday, December 8, at Pendle Heritage Centre, Barrowford
- Breakfast With Santa 9.30am – 11am
- Lunch With Santa Noon – 1.30pm
- Afternoon Tea With Santa 2.30pm – 4pm
- Limited availability must be accompanied by at least one adult
- Includes present from Santa, activity and a goody bag
- £5 per adult (includes brew and mince pie)
- £12 per child (Includes present from Santa, activity and a goody bag)