This event is being facilitated by KUTA outdoors on behalf of Pendleside Hospice.
By signing up for this event you are agreeing to the following Kuta Outdoors Terms and Conditions: 2022
Kuta Outdoors and Terms and Conditions 2022
1. Booking will be confirmed upon receipt of a registration fee within 14 days of the event unless otherwise agreed.
2. All participants must fill in a booking form
3. All participants must be over the age of 18 unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian unless otherwise agreed.
4. All Kuta outdoors challenges are physically demanding, and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate level of fitness and good health to participate.
5. You agree to leave any event, challenge or trek should you feel unable to continue at the earliest and most appropriate moment.
6. If you have any medical conditions which could be adversely affected by exercise, particularly a heart condition or diabetes, or if you have any doubt about your health, you must get separate written clearance from your doctor which must be given to Kuta Outdoors before taking part in the event or activity.
7. If you declare a previous medical condition and are requested by Kuta Outdoors to get a doctor's note to support your registration you must do so, at least 1 week before the event date (it can sometimes take that long to get one) unless a doctor's note is provided Kuta Outdoors will not process your registration and you will be unable to take part.
8. Failure to disclose the full details of any medical condition from which you suffer or any changes that may arise prior to the date of the event may invalidate your insurance and may put our support staff and mountain rescue terms at risk.
9. You agree to ensure that your registration, fitness and medical declaration details are true and accurate at all times and you undertake to update your registration details from time to time when they change. If we become aware that either your declaration is incorrect, we reserve the right to immediately cancel your registration and acceptance for registration in the future will be our direction and any fees paid will be retained by Kuta Outdoors.
10. Any doubts about your ability to complete the desired challenge in terms of fitness, health or illness may result in you being declined a place and or being to leave the event.
11. If you pay to take part in an event you are aware that Kuta Outdoors have a no refund policy – there are no exceptions, please only book if you RE 100% committed – it is at the owner's discretion to offer a replacement place on another event and not a guarantee.
1. All participants must adhere to the safety instructions given by Kuta Outdoors (sent by email and or delivered on the day of the event)
2. All participants are to attend the safety brief before we start our event/s – it is your responsibility to be there and under no circumstances are you to start a walk without having had a safety briefing – to do so puts you and others at risk and you may be asked to not partake in the event.
3. Taking part in a Kuta Outdoors event without attending a safety brief will mean that Kuta Outdoors have no responsibility whatsoever for your welfare or safety. (Turning up late and simply “tagging along” is not allowed under any circumstances)
4. A team or individual walking behind our scheduled timings should contact the organisers for advice, either by telephone or by seeking advice from a route marshal or other Kuta Outdoors staff member.
5. Any team or individual forced to retire should if possible do so at a staffed checkpoint from where transport may be provided back to event HQ. Everyone who retires must report in person to the check-in at the event start or finish point.
6. At least two mobiles phones must be carried by each walking team and it is your responsibility to provide these. It is vital the organisers know your whereabouts both during and at the end of the day/s. We use Life 360 for tracking teams and you may be asked to download the app for us or do so. ( You can remove it immediately after the event).
7. All walkers must declare any previous health-related issues included heart, back, spinal, pregnancy, eye or disease-related issues that may have affected them in some way or has the potential to surface during any Kuta Outdoors event.
8. Under no conditions are relatives, friends, partners or anyone else allowed to tag on or join the event without permission, registration and a safety brief. Anyone found to be doing so will be asked to leave, we have no legal responsibility for them and will not accept any.
In the event of a missing person
1. To inform the Kuta Outdoors safety team on the number provided.
2. To call Emergency 999 (Cave and Mountain Rescue) services may be alerted after an initial search by Kuta Outdoors.
3. Next of Kin and or the missing–person mobile may be called. Best judgement will be used at all times in order to establish a location and safe return.
4. You must ensure that at all times your mobile phone is safely protected from adverse weather and not set on silent and that your password is removed on the day of the event should emergency services need to contact your relatives or other contacts.
5. Kuta Outdoors may call to assist you or others and or to establish a precise location.
1. Always remain in a team unless other instructed or cleared by the event organisers and or Kuta Outdoor marshals.
2. Use of mobile phones for navigation – not appropriate as a solitary navigation tool but a useful aid.
3. When walking the Y3P on a marshalled event, stick to the paths and follow the written guided instructions, if you have any concerns about your whereabouts either stop and wait for others to return to your last known location or marshal.
4. If you are planning on walking the Y3P do so either in a well-led group that have a map, compass and safety equipment or if you have the skills, with both map and compass/GPS.
5. First Aid assistance will be available on the day by our roving event organiser and marshals.
6. Event organisers/officials will recommend the withdrawal of anyone who they deem to be unfit to continue or who are unlikely to complete the challenge in the given cut off time/s. Persons ignoring such recommendations will cease to be the responsibility of the organisers.
7. Kuta Outdoors take a very sympathetic approach to the often-unwelcome scenario of advising someone they should not go further and will always act with the best tact and diplomacy-anyone who we ask to leave the route will be offered a complimentary alternative date to do it again (subject to availability and discretion) and encouraged to address the issue that has contributed to our/they're the decision to retire.
8. The organisers reserve the right to stop walkers and stop the event if to continue would be potentially dangerous (e.g server weather/other) Anyone who then decided to continue will do so at their own risk and not be the responsibility of Kuta Outdoors.
1. Cancellations by Kuta Outdoors – we reserve the right to cancel an event due to unforeseen circumstances or unsuitable conditions. Where a course is cancelled we will offer an alternative date or a full refund of monies paid only if walkers cannot attend any one of the alternative dates provided or at the discretion of Kuta Outdoors.
2. We reserve the right to cancel and 'open' event due to poor attendance numbers, alternative dates will be given to those who may have paid and registered –(for example a group event and less than 10 people are booked to attend 7 days prior)
3. Changes and cancellations for previously paid for events: Kuta Outdoors does not offer refunds and as such complimentary places may be offered and or other complementary services at the discretion of Kuta Outdoors
4. An exchange place may be available subject to the exchange person completing a booking form, there will also be alternative dates provided to the person cancelling subject to availability and is at the discretion of Kuta Outdoors.
5. Corporate and charity clients – if an event is cancelled within 14 days of the date booked the total fee due will be the amount agreed on the booking form and is payable within 7 days of invoice receipt. If cancellation is outside the 14 day period, then that fee is 50% of the agreed numbers on the bo0oking form for example 50 walkers @ £35.00 = £1750 x 50% total fee due within 7 days of invoice receipt is £875.00.
Social Media, Photographs and Video
1. Photographs video and social media images – by participating in this event you agree that any photos taken on the day may be used by Kuta Outdoors for marketing purposes
2. All photos taken by event marshals/staff pf Kuta Outdoors will be used for the purpose intended only and where possible agreed by
the client making the booking.
3. You retain ownership of the intellectual property in that information however you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use (including copy, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, broadcast, transmit, display and distribute) the content in any and all media including forms not yet developed.
4. Images of the event may be used in promotional material both online and in print. If you have any concerns about this, please let us know at least 24 hours before the commencement of the event. We will respect your privacy and handle the situation in a tactful manner.
5. All images taken on this website are the ownership of Kuta Outdoors and are not to be used without prior permission. If images are used without our permission an invoice will be used to reflect the corporate or market cost of a similar image.
1. This website (www.kutaoutdoors.co.uk) may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/ or products which they provide.
2. You may link our website without our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our website's contents including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other materials.
Intellectual Property Rights
1. The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts, and text belongs to us or we have a license to use those materials.
2. All trademarks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a license to use them. Your access to our website does not license you it uses those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
3. Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion ( called 'Comments') which you provide to us through this website becomes our property, if in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
4. If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such materials including their legality, originality and copyright.
1. Whilst we take all due care in providing our services, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitations warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
2. To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
3. We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
4. From time to time we may host third party content on our websites such as advertisements and endorsements belonging to other traders. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owners of that material and we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
5. We manage all data collected in line with the regulations of GDPR 2018.
1. The customer is responsible for any damage or loss to the equipment issued by Kuta Outdoors and we are responsible for its repair and or replacement purchase within 2 weeks.
2. Kuta Outdoors is not liable for any loss or damage to client or crew personal items during an event.
3. Comfortable strong walking boots/shoes are recommended together with appropriate clothing to suit the conditions (see the kit list page) – if in doubt contact us and we advise.
Food and Refreshments
1. Refreshments points may be located at intervals around the course or route, however, it is recommended that you bring your own food/water supplies in accordance with any food hygiene regulations.
2. There may be times when the refreshment availability is non-existent due to vendor availability and as such you are responsible for your refreshment unless otherwise agreed.
1. Do not damage plants, wildlife and our trees and show good respect towards local infrastructure and dry stone walls and removing stones, or damaging a free-standing item.
2. Please retain all your litter – we have a simple policy at Kuta Outdoors, it is 2if it goes out with us it comes back with us'. We also walk the entire route at the end of the season collecting every single bit of litter that we can find- filing refuse back and doing our bit to support the environment.
3. Where is no pavement, walk in single file on the right-hand side of the road to face oncoming traffic. Walk-in single file when going up or down the 3 peaks – Large groups taking over mountain paths can alienate other walkers especially when faster walkers can't get past due to slower walkers and their walking pols blocking routes.
4. Be considerate to other walkers at all times.
5. Support for local businesses – buy local, visit local pubs, bars, restaurants, stay local where possible – the tourist season is short for businesses in Yorkshire Dales, do support them.
6. Walk only on paths – The Yorkshire 3 peaks route has had much damage due to the erosion caused by thousands of walkers over the years as a result there is now a new trail that allows the original route to recover – do please stick to the new route paths. (The path is designated as being at least 1.2metres in width)
7. Do not pollute streams and reservoirs with rubbish and waste food, or use them as lavatories.
8. Environmental issues – traffic pollution. Where possible do please car share and or use public transport.
9. Speeding and noise – Walkers that are running late to go to the start of the Y3P are often caught by the police car lurking anywhere around settle – why risk 3 pints and fine or worse a serious accident – plan well and drive slowly, please consider the locals, especially when driving into or out from Horton in Ribblesdale, no loud music on, no beeping horns and loud celebrations when meeting fellow team members at any time.
10. Use gates and stiles to cross fences/walls and fasten all gates after using them.
11. Do not light fires.
12. All participants must obey the County Code and the Laws and Bye-Laws of England and Wales as Stated below and adhere to designated rights of way on tracks ad paths on the route.
13. Ensure that your dog has sufficient water/food and protective equipment for the weather conditions and that you have your dog under control always and ensure any dog waste is bagged and removed from the route. You must (by law) have your dog under control at all times.
14. Drones and not permitted unless with the permission of Kuta Outdoors and only used as per legislation for flying drones and or with appropriate permissions from land or park owners/authorities.
Kuta Outdoors strongly recommend that you have the following before you start your event:
1. Adequate Personal Equipment Insurance.
2. Earnings Insurance cover.
3. Life Insurance cover.
Dogs and other animals
Sorry, dogs are not permitted.
1. Confidentiality: Kuta Outdoors will not pass on personal information to any third without your consent, except as may be required for the purposes of the event.
2. All information provided will only be used for the purpose intended and or for marketing similar events, services or products that we feel may be of interest to you with a reasonable and appropriate timescale.
3. Kuta Outdoors abide by the regulations set by the GDPR 2018.
1. Kuta Outdoors its employees, marshal or agents cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to personal effects, accident, injury or death howsoever arising, except where injury or death rises as a result of Kuta Outdoors employees, marshal or agents negligence.
Acceptance of good conduct guide and terms and conditions:
1. I have read and agree to the terms and conditions and confirm that I am medically fit to participate in the challenge.
2. I am aware that it is my responsibility to inform Kuta Outdoors of any changes to my circumstances that may affect my ability to complete this challenge.
3. I accept the minimum required sponsorship for this event is £150.00.
4. I will provide an emergency contact name and telephone number for my next of kin to KUTA Outdoors.
5. Please confirm you agree to these terms and conditions by signing below.