Corporate & Fundraising ideas
Celebrating 31 years of caring
Since the hospice began in 1988 we have helped thousands of local people and every single one of our supporters has played an important part in helping us to reach this special anniversary. However, as we reach this significant milestone the support of the local community is more important than ever in enabling the hospice to continue providing care to the people who need our support.
Whether it's holding a coffee morning, signing up to join our lottery, signing up to our midnight memories walk or volunteering at the hospice, we would love our supporters to help us in celebrating our 30th anniversary.
Please get in touch by e-mail at
Tel: 01282 440120.
Take a look at our ideas list to find out how you can help!
2. NEW LOTTERY MEMBERS This would give more people in our local community the chance of scooping the £1,000 jackpot each week
4. PLEDGES IN WILLS A vital source of income for the charity. Legacies/gifts in wills left to the hospice ensure we are able to continue delivering the care we do to the people who need our support.
6. PEOPLE TO BECOME PENDLESIDE HOSPICE AMBASSADORS Have you been inspired by experiencing or hearing about what we do? Could you become a Pendleside Ambassador by helping to represent the Hospice at local events, functions and community group meetings with the aim of raising awareness amongst local community about all Hospice services?
8. TEAMS UNDERTAKING CORPORATE CHALLENGE The challenge starts on the 1st June and runs until
30th September and challenges each participating business to turn £50 into as much money as they can within the qualifying period. Whether you would like to challenge your workforce to reach their full potential or use this as a team building exercise, the corporate challenge is a fantastic way to publicise your business in the local area, engage your team and network with other businesses whilst raising vital funds for Pendleside Hospice.
10. CONTACTS WITH HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS We would like 300 health care professionals to come to the Hospice and see the excellent work we do by attending training sessions, our annual conference and induction days etc. Contact: Anne.Huntley@pendleside.org.uk
14. DRESS DOWN/NON UNIFORM DAYS Can your business or school take part in dress down Friday and help raise vital funds for the Hospice?
16.CAR RAFFLE TICKETS SOLD This would help generate an income of £60,000 to support the Hospice with care delivery whilst at the same time giving you the opportunity to win a car or £8,000 cash equivalent.
18. 30-DAY CHALLENGE Can you individually or as a team be involved in our 30-day challenge's throughout the year e.g. ,Dry January, Stoptober or set up your own 30-day challenge and help raise sponsorship money to support the work of the Hospice?
20. QUALITY AUCTION PRIZES Throughout the year the Hospice has many fundraising events where auctions are held. Are you able to donate an auction prize that could help raise funds to support the work of the Hospice?
22. PEOPLE TO SHARE THEIR SPECIAL DAY WITH US In our 30th anniversary year can you share your special day with us? Celebration giving instead of gifts is an inspiring way for you, your family and friends to mark your special occasion.
24. 300 DONATIONS OF £30 IN OUR TEXT CHALLENGE Can you donate a one off gift for our Anniversary which would raise an amazing £9,000 to support the work of the Hospice .
26. COLLECTION DAYS Can your community group, church, or mosque undertake a collection during our actual birthday week, week commencing 1st October 2019.
28. Take part in our annual events Pendle Pub Walk, Burnley 10k,Great North Run, London Marathon.
ARE YOU ABLE TO GIVE US A VERY SPECIAL GIFT?
Are you able to contribute a very special gift? In the last year we have upgraded five of our inpatient bedrooms and in our birthday year we are looking to upgrade the remaining five rooms. This is to ensure that our rooms are fit for purpose and equipped to meet the increasing complexity of needs of people who are likely to access our service in the future; the cost to refurbish the rooms is approximately £30,000 (£6,000 per room).