National Three Peaks Challenge
JOIN US ON OUR QUEST TO SUMMIT THE THREE HIGHEST PEAKS IN THE UK IN 24 HOURS!
Challenge: National Three Peaks
Sponsored by: Sagar Insurances
Date: 28th, 29th and 30th June 2019
Duration: 3 days
Distance: 25 miles approx.
Ascent: 3,064m approx.
Registration fee: £195pp
Minimum sponsorship: £500pp
REGISTER NOW BYCALL FUNDRAISING 01282 440120
THE CHALLENGE Brace yourself for a fast-paced and physically challenging adventure which will take you from the rugged beauty of Glen Nevis Valley, to the stunning Snowdonia National Park. Join us for one of the UK’s toughest trekking challenges which takes on Ben Nevis (1,344m), Scafell Pike (978m) and Snowdon (1,085m)... within 24 hours!
You will climb around 3,064 metres and cover approximately 25 miles in total, so a good level of fitness, grit and determination are a must to complete this challenge. You will be rewarded with spectacular views and a huge sense of achievement!
DAY 1 FRIDAY 28TH JUNE 2019
10.30am Meet at Pendleside Hospice
11am Set off from Pendleside Hospice
7pm Arrive at Glen Nevis Hostel, at Fort William
7.30pm Briefing & meet the team
8pm Three course evening meal
DAY 2 SATURDAY 29TH JUNE 2019
From 5am Breakfast
6am Start challenge - Ben Nevis
11am Finish Ben Nevis & drive to Scafell Pike
5pm Start Scafell Pike
9pm Finish Scafell Pike & drive to Snowdon
DAY 3 SUNDAY 30TH JUNE 2019
2am Start Snowdon
6am Finish Snowdon & finish challenge!
9am Arrive at Pendleside Hospice for welcome breakfast
WE AIM TO COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE IN 24 HOURS and will do our best to stick to these timings, however we cannot guarantee that they will not change due to circumstances out of our control, such as extremely heavy traffic . We cannot be held responsible for any last minute changes to the schedule that may occur ie. unusual weather patterns - in these cases your challenge leader will have the final say. Please note that the itinerary is designed to minimise negative impacts on the environments and local communities, so please follow instructions of guides and Hospice staff at all times.
SAGAR INSURANCES ARE OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF THE NATIONAL THREE PEAKS CHALLENGE
Sagar’s are a family run, Chartered Insurance Brokerage based in Padiham and are also part of the Global Risk Partners (GRP) group. From our on Shuttleworth Mead Business Park, just off the M65, we manage and develop Corporate and Commercial business which includes Private and High Net Worth clients. Sagar Insurances can confidently say that it provides a genuine service demonstrating market strength, influence and the expertise of a National broker through GRP. To find out more visit Sagar Insurances.
REGISTER NOW - CALL FUNDRAISING 01282 440120
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Registration fee: £195 pp
Registration for this event is £195 per person and is only open to people aged 18 years or older at the time of the event. Your place is not guaranteed until Pendleside Hospice has received a completed registration form, full payment and signed agreement. When we have received all of the above we will send you your personalised fundraising pack to confirm your place. Places are limited (56 max) and are filled on a first come first served basis, so try to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Minimum Sponsorship: £500 pp
When you sign up to take part in the Pendleside Hospice National Three Peaks Challenge you are committing to raise a minimum of £500 sponsorship - 75% of your minimum sponsorship (£375) needs to be handed to Pendleside Hospice no later than 4 weeks prior to the event (31st May), with the remaining 25% plus any additional sponsorship to be handed in within 4 weeks of the event taking place (28th July). You will be provided with support and a fundraising pack to help you meet your target.
- ALL minibus transport to and from our start point which is Pendleside Hospice.
- Experienced/qualified local guides up and down each mountain.
- Full back up support including first aid qualified staff and first aid supplies.
- Hostel accommodation on Friday evening - please note accommodation is mostly same sex dormitory style rooms. We will do our very best to place you in dormitories with friends/family members however we cannot make any guarantees. Please note there are a limited number of mixed sex dormitories. On Saturday evening you will sleep on the coach.
- Three course meal on Friday evening (day 1).
- Continental breakfast on Saturday morning (day 2)
- Water, sandwiches and snacks on route between Saturday and Sunday morning (day 2 and 3).
- Fundraising pack - containing sponsor forms, posters, training plan and kit list.
- Access to training walks with your team (where possible we would strongly advise you come to at least one in order for you to gauge your own level of fitness to ensure you are up for the challenge).
- Welcome breakfast at Pendleside Hospice to finish the challenge on Sunday morning (bacon or egg butties, tea/coffee - day 3)
- National Three Peaks t-shirt, hoodie and baseball hat.
- Clothing, toiletries and equipment ie. walking sticks if needed.
- Lunch on Friday - we will be stopping at a service station.
- Only light snacks and sandwiches will be provided from Saturday morning until arriving back at Pendleside Hospice on Sunday, so we recommend you bring extra supplies.
- Personal spending money.
- Eye mask, travel pillow to aid sleep on the coach if necessary.
HOW FIT DO I NEED TO BE?
This challenge is very tough and you will need to be physically fit to take part, however it is achievable as long as you train correctly - the fitter you are the more enjoyable the challenge. A training plan will be sent out with all fundraising packs and Pendleside will be running some scheduled training walks in the weeks leading up to the challenge (optional)
WHAT HAPPENS IF I GET TIRED?
We will be stopping for rest stops whilst on the mountains, so you can have drinks/snacks to keep your energy levels up. A guide will be bringing up the rear of the group ensuring no-one is left alone. As this is a timed challenge, which we are hoping to complete within 24 hours, if a guide feels that a participant's pace is too slow and impacting the rest of the team, they may be escorted down the mountain to the minibuses without reaching the summit.
DO I HAVE TO CARRY MY OWN LUGGAGE?
All you'll need to carry is a small day rucksack whilst trekking to carry items such as your water, phone, sun-screen, energy snacks, hats/gloves etc. (Your additional luggage, which should be packed in a small rucksack, will be transported on the minibus).
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Call Fundraising on 01282 440120 or email email@example.com. You will be sent a registration form and an agreement (re sponsorship and your fitness) which you will need to sign and return to us, along with the full registration fee of £195 per person. When we have received the completed registration form, agreement and fee we will send you your personalised fundraising pack to confirm your place. Places are limited to a maximum of 56 participants and are filled on a first come first served basis, so try to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.